BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH RED BEET
- 1 cup of peeled green buckwheat*
- 3 cm of lemon grass ** – chopped (Due to the specific taste, reminiscent of the taste of lemon and at the same time it adds a spicy aftertaste of ginger)
- 1/2 of red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 slice of creamy vegan cheese (I make it myself, but you can also get it in specific stores)
- 1 tablespoon of yeast flakes
- Salt and pepper (Add to taste)
- A handful of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 scoop of beetroot soup***
- 1/3 of leek
- 0.3 dcl of white wine
- Fry the onion in olive oil until glassy, stir in the garlic until it smells nice. Then add chopped leek and chopped lemon grass. Fry for a minute, stir in rinsed and drained buckwheat. Stir in beetroot soup, pour water and wine (ratio 1 buckwheat : 2 water / wine). Add all the other ingredients except the yeast flakes, add them at the last minute of cooking. Cook for another 10 minutes.
**You can replace fresh lemongrass with dried lemongrass powder
*** I always have beetroot soup on hand, stored in the freezer – in ice cubes. Soup adds an extra creamy flavour. If there is no soup, replace it red beet powder If there’s still some buckwheat left, you can keep it in the refrigerator for 3 days. Tip: You can recycle it – turn it into a new dish, e.g. patties.